Beef Back Ribs - Single Rack

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I was in Costco the other day and picked up a single rack of beef back ribs. I was just kind of bored and wanted to bbq.

I got them going a few hours ago. I figure they have a couple hours left for tender. I was going to wrap them now, but I'm feeling lazy and decided to run them neked to the end.
20220429_124604.jpg

I was in Costco the other day and picked up a single rack of beef back ribs. I was just kind of bored and wanted to bbq.

I got them going a few hours ago. I figure they have a couple hours left for tender. I was going to wrap them now, but I'm feeling lazy and decided to run them neked to the end. View attachment 15842
Just SPOG? How do these compare to short ribs in terms of taste, etc? They look great.

Just SPOG? How do these compare to short ribs in terms of taste, etc? They look great.
If I'm recalling correctly, these are off the rib (eye) roast. There's not much meat, but what there is, is great. It's been a while since I've had them.

I used my "go-to" rub, a commercial rub that doesn't get much attention. It has the usual salt, pepper, onion, garlic, paprika, etc., in a blend that I've come to like over most others. I shared some with a neighbor that bought a RT700 a year ago. He's a fan as well. John Henry's Texas Brisket Rub. I put that $#!+ on everything.

Our local Kroger often has great beef back ribs. Decent amount of meat and no ‘shiners’. They are a nice change from our regular BBQ standards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back