Bull BFG auger motor in the RT-700. It's awesome!

I found this forum Saturday while looking up mods as I ordered my 700 last week (arrived today). I havn't even put it together yet as I'm at work still , and im already looking at getting the 3RPM motor. "chadinsc", with the 3RPM do you think a sear grate is even needed?
Yes! Get the Grillgrates. I find excellent results with them at 450 degrees for chops & steaks both before & after the 3 rpm auger motor upgrade, but 450 degrees now takes 17 minutes instead of 40 minutes. This will take even less time if you're already at smoking temp with a reverse sear.

Is everyone leaving the grill lid closed while start up?
someone mentioned too much smoke could cause the grill to blow up like other pellet grills. Don’t want to risk that. Want the bullseye, but I could pass on it with this upgrade.

I have not found it necessary to open the lid at start up for either grilling or smoking, so far. I was planning to get a Bullseye for grilling until I got the 3 rpm auger motor, but not now. A Recteq is too stout to "blow up" as it is "strong like Bull".

You didn't do it right if it only took 1 beer. My mods require a minimum of a 12 pack.
I didn't specify the size.

1622760983496.png

Attachments

• 1622760985406.png
    1622760985406.png
    12.1 MB · Views: 68
Got home today to find a box from RecTeq with my 3 rpm motor. Raining too much for an install today though.
Mine came today too. Funny thing I open it and pull out $50 worth of rubs (free shipping). Wife don't say boo about the motor just "what are you going do with all those rubs?" Me: "cook stuff?!?!?!"

I wish I had ordered the sear plates with my motor to get the free shipping. I guess I’ll just have to get the plates and some rubs now....

I ordered the 3 rpm auger from Smoke Daddy along with the bracket, cause why not? I wasn’t able to install the bracket tonight, mostly because I had a full hopper of pellets, and didn’t want to unload them all tonight.

The fan on the Smoke Daddy model is a hair big, and rubs up against the housing. So, I did what any good mad scientist would do and pulled the fan off the 2 rpm motor and stuck it on. Seems to work!

Also, the wiring for the Smoke Daddy auger is much shorter than the auger I pulled out. It will still connect, but I had to unwrap more wires.

I seem to be getting similar results in a test run. 82 outside this evening, and it hit 500 in the 15-20 minute range. Yesterday with the stock motor it took 40 minutes to hit 450.

Yes! Get the Grillgrates. I find excellent results with them at 450 degrees for chops & steaks both before & after the 3 rpm auger motor upgrade, but 450 degrees now takes 17 minutes instead of 40 minutes. This will take even less time if you're already at smoking temp with a reverse sear.
I just ordered the grill gates and the 3rmp motor! Put my 700 together last night, will do burn in tomorrow and probably first cook tomorrow too.

I ordered the 3 rpm auger from Smoke Daddy along with the bracket, cause why not? I wasn’t able to install the bracket tonight, mostly because I had a full hopper of pellets, and didn’t want to unload them all tonight.

The fan on the Smoke Daddy model is a hair big, and rubs up against the housing. So, I did what any good mad scientist would do and pulled the fan off the 2 rpm motor and stuck it on. Seems to work!

Also, the wiring for the Smoke Daddy auger is much shorter than the auger I pulled out. It will still connect, but I had to unwrap more wires.

I seem to be getting similar results in a test run. 82 outside this evening, and it hit 500 in the 15-20 minute range. Yesterday with the stock motor it took 40 minutes to hit 450.
post a picture of your bracket if you don’t mind. and when it’s installed. very curious how it works. glad your grill is working good for you

i open the lid most of the time on startup now because it will smoke more on startup because of the 50 second feed during shutdown mode. i have definitely just used the app to start it without issue but do prefer to open the lid to let out the extra smoke on startup. i have found several older post were recteq sent these 3rpm motors to customers who were having issues getting to high heat, so rec teq has to be confident in it. those post just never got as big as this one because the forum may have been smaller back then or me posting my temp charts from the app provided proof and made people interested.

i open the lid most of the time on startup now because it will smoke more on startup because of the 50 second feed during shutdown mode. i have definitely just used the app to start it without issue but do prefer to open the lid to let out the extra smoke on startup. i have found several older post were recteq sent these 3rpm motors to customers who were having issues getting to high heat, so rec teq has to be confident in it. those post just never got as big as this one because the forum may have been smaller back then or me posting my temp charts from the app provided proof and made people interested.
As a side note. With the 3 RPM auger you're getting 1.25 minutes of pellet feeding as opposed to the original 50 seconds. i.e. 50% more pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back