Stampede Got my new 590, but...

At least you know you have a new controller on the way and a backup probe on hand for the future.
(Be a optimist)...lol
The first premium cook will make it worth the wait.

New probe arrived overnight, problem persists. New controller is on the way, should be here tomorrow...
Yes, it’ll be good to have a spare RTD probe on hand as that really stops the whole show. CS has been apologetic and is sending some rubs along as well. I just wish we hadn’t burned a whole week by relying on the USPS. Smokin’ tomorrow!?

Fingers crossed for you! You've been patient.
Yeah, a younger me would have been making a lot more noise and it all would have been unfolding the same way. I REALLY like the grill and I haven’t even cooked it yet. Everybody raves of Rec Tec’s CS,but frankly would have preferred a product that required NO customer service. I guess most of the blame lays at the quality assurance door, and little bit at customer service’s door for sending the first part via “snail mail”, which certainly fell below my expectations, based on their reputation. However, I must say since then they have been most responsive and have certainly eaten well into whatever profit margin they have by shipping the stuff overnight. I still like ‘em but I’m ready to get cooking.?

Typical UPS holding packages hostage again. The last package I got from them it sat in the local terminal for 4 days missing the original delivery date.
Had to resort to the ol’ MES40 for ribs today. Maybe by the weekend I’ll be able to use the stainless steel paperweight on my patio.

USPS has been especially bad in 2020, I ordered some Milwaukee drill batteries back in January, after I watch them go back and forth between Iowa City and Chicago seven times, I called the post office and filed a claim and they couldn't tell me what was going on. I eventually contacted the seller and they sent me a replacement set and told me to keep the others if they end up arriving. The replacements arrived as expected, then almost a month later the original ones were delivered. A month after that someone from the post office called and said that they were unable to locate the package and that I should file a claim with insurance for replacement ?‍♂️

I avoid USPS at all costs nowadays. I'll forego free shipping if it means that I don't have to use USPS.

USPS has been especially bad in 2020, I ordered some Milwaukee drill batteries back in January, after I watch them go back and forth between Iowa City and Chicago seven times, I called the post office and filed a claim and they couldn't tell me what was going on. I eventually contacted the seller and they sent me a replacement set and told me to keep the others if they end up arriving. The replacements arrived as expected, then almost a month later the original ones were delivered. A month after that someone from the post office called and said that they were unable to locate the package and that I should file a claim with insurance for replacement ?‍♂️

I avoid USPS at all costs nowadays. I'll forego free shipping if it means that I don't have to use USPS.
All the shipping companies suck during these COVID-19 days. UPS, USPS hold things hostage FedEx treats your packages like crap, these were 2 bags of pellets I had shipped from Walmart with instructions to deliver to front porch. I would rather deal with and use USPS at least you can call your postmaster and talk to a human.

Attachments

• Driveway_01_06_2020 1_04_37PM.mp4
    3.5 MB
All the shipping companies suck during these COVID-19 days. UPS, USPS hold things hostage FedEx treats your packages like crap, these were 2 bags of pellets I had shipped from Walmart with instructions to deliver to front porch. I would rather deal with and use USPS at least you can call your postmaster and talk to a human.
Well, can’t blame UPS for this one. Rec Tec said today that their team put the parcel with the wrong outgoing batch and it went normal slow UPS, and they were overnighting yet another controller to arrive tomorrow. Meanwhile, the first probe that they shipped last Monday via USPS arrived today. ?

BOTH controllers arrived today, woohoo! The grill is doing the burn in as I type. Theoretically, I should be holding a spare controlller right now but one of them (actually, the first replacement that shipped slow UPS, so I didn’t use it) arrived with the big coil separated from the main board. So, thanks Rec Tec, it’s finally running. Sorry you didn’t make much, if any, money on this one since you sent $460 worth of parts( two controllers and three RTD probes) and $60 of rubs (to make me feel better) plus shipping. The controller that I did use was mis-drilled a little bit and the nut that holds the antenna mount doesn’t clear the main housing, consequently the panel doesn’t quite fit flush in the housing but I’m gonna live with that, for now.
There might be a rib roast in my near future...?

BOTH controllers arrived today, woohoo! The grill is doing the burn in as I type. Theoretically, I should be holding a spare controlller right now but one of them (actually, the first replacement that shipped slow UPS, so I didn’t use it) arrived with the big coil separated from the main board. So, thanks Rec Tec, it’s finally running. Sorry you didn’t make much, if any, money on this one since you sent $460 worth of parts( two controllers and three RTD probes) and $60 of rubs (to make me feel better) plus shipping. The controller that I did use was mis-drilled a little bit and the nut that holds the antenna mount doesn’t clear the main housing, consequently the panel doesn’t quite fit flush in the housing but I’m gonna live with that, for now.
There might be a rib roast in my near future...?
Glad it finaly worked out for you, smoke on and enjoy that rib roast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back