Nixing the 3-2-1 method

DesertRat

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
The first couple or three years that I smoked I had a very beginner level electric smoker and at our high altitude home it was difficult to keep heat in it. So the 321 was pretty much mandatory. However, since I got this Rec Tec 590 I've not used the 321 very often. I don't think I've used it for well over a year, always cutting back the times at all three stages I think it's fair to say.
But this method is quite different. I'm going to give it a try soon. And I'm wondering if any of you have heard of it or have an opinion about it. I meant to say earlier, I have always cooked at 225, and here he's cooking at nearly 250 fahrenheit. 3hrs 10 minutes total

Last edited:
3-2-1 was my start. Now, no wrapping and better control of final product. I'm not a fan of "fall off the bone" ribs, prefer a little bite
Me too. But sometimes I'll cook them fotb for company that likes them that way. Just a bit too done for me.

The first couple or three years that I smoked I had a very beginner level electric smoker and at our high altitude home it was difficult to keep heat in it. So the 321 was pretty much mandatory. However, since I got this Rec Tec 590 I've not used the 321 very often. I don't think I've used it for well over a year, always cutting back the times at all three stages I think it's fair to say.
But this method is quite different. I'm going to give it a try soon. And I'm wondering if any of you have heard of it or have an opinion about it. I meant to say earlier, I have always cooked at 225, and here he's cooking at nearly 250 fahrenheit. 3hrs 10 minutes total
Who is “he?” Link?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back