Method heavy duty degreaser

whta

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
OK, I saw this under a Wing post by @FreakDog76, where @Jim6820 mentions this cleaner, however, he had inadvertently got the wrong one. Looking for a good exterior cleaning for the Bull. I am getting some marks that did not come completely off with items previously mentioned, so was curious if this really worked well.

Below is a pic of my Pellet lid

Lid.jpg

OK, I saw this under a Wing post by @FreakDog76, where @Jim6820 mentions this cleaner, however, he had inadvertently got the wrong one. Looking for a good exterior cleaning for the Bull. I am getting some marks that did not come completely off with items previously mentioned, so was curious if this really worked well.

Below is a pic of my Pellet lid

View attachment 20220
I think what you are seeing here is primarily rust particles in the stainless steel. Yes, some SS alloys do rust, though lightly. Something few folks think about is not using a standard steel wool pad on stainless steel surfaces; particles of the regular steel get embedded in the SS and rust.

Either way, the only way I have found to remove the rust is with an abrasive cleanser and elbow grease. YMMV

I thought a lot of people use bar keepers friend on their bull. I have before and worked good. It's been years since I gave the outside a good cleaning though.

I was just outside and found where I hard large splotches of rust on the front of my 1250. However these are only in the spots that it appears that I've gotten food, sauce, vinegar, drippings from the lid etc. Some bar keepers friend appears to have taken it off though.

I was originally afraid that using the bar keepers friend has caused it but doesn't appear that way.

After cleaning the surface was very smooth so it's certainly not pitted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back