Problem with temperature

Uncle BoBo

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Hey guys I'm having a hard time getting over 470° when I want to "grill" chicken wings/legs, ribs or steaks I was told/read to turn my bull up to "full" but temp isn't going high enough to "grill"
Would changing to a different pellet make a difference

Hey guys I'm having a hard time getting over 470° when I want to "grill" chicken wings/legs, ribs or steaks I was told/read to turn my bull up to "full" but temp isn't going high enough to "grill"
I'm not trying to be mean but you already have a post on this issue, it's a lot better to keep it on one post.

Look for the post "Temperature Control Part 2". Posted three days ago on Thursday. It completely addresses all your questions and even offers a response from the MFG and other helpful folks here in this forum. You can also use the search feature for more too.

I'm not trying to be mean but you already have a post on this issue, it's a lot better to keep it on one post.
Yeah I know I'm new to this fantasy dancy tech stuff still trying to figure out how to use it...damn ol timers playing with new fangled things

Dumb question if I removed the drip pan would it heat up faster and or get hotter?
I have never tried cooking with the drip pan removed. I generally only use the Bull for longer lower temperature cooks aka smoking. I have a little Weber Q we use for higher temperature grilling but it's starting to get a little tired so I'm thinking about adding a Bullseye to the cooking arsenal for the high heat cooks and searing.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I got the bull my grill was on its last leg n the masterbuilt smoker was too so I thought I'd get the best of both worlds with the bull

@Uncle BoBo I'm with you there Unc. trust me on that one! Most 7 year old kids are WAY more tech savvy than I am for sure!

I'll tell you what though, I'll wouldn't trade our years of actual practical cooking experience and knowledge for all the YouTube self proclaimed "Experts" and Internet Rangers combined!

Oh so very true
The problem is my friends family n "customers" have gotten accustom to my years of jerky, beef sticks, ribs, brisket, chicken smokey taste n tenderness
I didn't think switching to pellets was going to be such a drastic change I'd have to learn how to smoke all over again

Oh so very true
The problem is my friends family n "customers" have gotten accustom to my years of jerky, beef sticks, ribs, brisket, chicken smokey taste n tenderness
I didn't think switching to pellets was going to be such a drastic change I'd have to learn how to smoke all over again
With your previous experience it'll be a quick adjustment trust me. So quick in fact you may wonder why you didn't buy it sooner! ?

I didn't read the other posts (lazy)...just wanted to say that on gas grills for example 450° is considered "High"...I think even 470° is doing well and should work.

I didn't read the other posts (lazy)...just wanted to say that on gas grills for example 450° is considered "High"...I think even 470° is doing well and should work.
I did pizza a few nights ago and thought that 500 degrees wasn’t going to be hot enough. It was perfect. I was surprised. ??

I did pizza a few nights ago and thought that 500 degrees wasn’t going to be hot enough. It was perfect. I was surprised. ??
I've actually been doing mine at 450° lately on a stone. Takes about 10mins and they come out perfect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back