Temperature Problem

Let me know after your first cook. I want to know if it was hard to clean the drip tray. I would consider commando, depending on how your goes. Go greenies! ??
I cooked for 4 days straight last weekend, 17lb brisket for 19 plus hours, 15lbs of chicken, numerous burgers, sausage etc. from 180deg F up to 500deg F plus.......no foil. The drip pan is EXTREMELY easy to clean, give it a scrape to get the baked on stuff loose with a acceptable straight edge scraper, spatula, etc. wipe off residual oil, till dry and you're DONE my friend! NO grease fires, no running out of foil at the WORST time. The drip pan is getting sorta seasoned for lack of a better descriptor.

I'm not going back! :ROFLMAO:

WE GREENIES gotta stick together!

I cooked for 4 days straight last weekend, 17lb brisket for 19 plus hours, 15lbs of chicken, numerous burgers, sausage etc. from 180deg F up to 500deg F plus.......no foil. The drip pan is EXTREMELY easy to clean, give it a scrape to get the baked on stuff loose with a acceptable straight edge scraper, spatula, etc. wipe off residual oil, till dry and you're DONE my friend! NO grease fires, no running out of foil at the WORST time. The drip pan is getting sorta seasoned for lack of a better descriptor.

No foil and naked drip pan. (y) (y) (y) (y)

You make a good argument and greenies are greenies. I’m going to go for it. Tomorrow’s cook is naked as a jay bird. ??

I hope your talking about the grill not your self for your neighbors sake. LOL o_O
For sure. Lucky for us our neighbors are few and far between. We see a neighbor every couple of weeks. There are a lot of dangers grilling' naked. One good spark and . . . ??

Rec Tec suggests if overshooting at low temps, go to 3. I spoke with them yesterday. ??
This is the same recommendation I received. I have also made several low temp cooks with no problems. I will also add the weather here has been 102 - 105*

This is the same recommendation I received. I have also made several low temp cooks with no problems. I will also add the weather here has been 102 - 105*
Way to hot for me, even if it's dry. Last few days in Connecticut in the 80s and humid, kept me inside in the AC and not wanting to go out. Ambient temps will affect the low cooking temps of these grills along with the grill in direct sun.

At least they are consistent! Where do you live at 102-105, Death Valley? ??
I’m in California between Fresno and Bakersfield but it might as well be Death Valley. My mom is in Arizona close to Havasu and it reaches up to the low 120s there so I don’t complain ?

Just a thought... Did you update the app on your phone? I never had a problem with temp swings until this Sunday after I updated the app, was cooking a London Broil at 250 and had big swings in temp.
Just thinking out loud...
George
I also had a problem when using updated app. My issue was with probe alarms. As soon as I set alarm, the temp jumped as though it was trying to hit alarm temp asap. Turned off alarm, temp went down. Waited a few then to prove myself not crazy, turned alarm back on and behold temps started climbing. Didn’t open lid, didn’t move, etc.

I also had a problem when using updated app. My issue was with probe alarms. As soon as I set alarm, the temp jumped as though it was trying to hit alarm temp asap. Turned off alarm, temp went down. Waited a few then to prove myself not crazy, turned alarm back on and behold temps started climbing. Didn’t open lid, didn’t move, etc.
Interesting, I only had the problem at low temps. Started at 180, stayed for a while and then climbed. After call Rec Tec i lowered my feed rate to 3. Seems Mohave resolved the problem. Not exactly sure of the electronics but don't think the alarm setting has to do with the temp increase but yours sounds maybe connected. Did you call Rec Tec? They are pretty good with this stuff. ??

No, didn’t call them I just left probe alarms off since I was hanging around my grill anyway. Will check function again soon since I’m trying a meatloaf tonight.

No, didn’t call them I just left probe alarms off since I was hanging around my grill anyway. Will check function again soon since I’m trying a meatloaf tonight.
Give them a call on Monday. They will have the answer. ?? :D

Last edited:
Update on probe alarms: Working fine today so far with meatloaf. Glitch? User error ( I am over 50 after all)?. Don’t know, but I’m just glad it’s working.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back