Temperature Problem

My wife is a cake decorator at the local Stop & Shop, the daughter is a 911 dispatcher in the next town/city over from us. Luckily both of them are kinda behind the scenes as far as the day to day coming in contact with people.
I agree shipping is taking a little longer but we are pretty stocked up and don't wait till the last minute to order something.
It’s the new normal, for now. Does your wife also bake cakes? A handy skill for dessert after dinner. ??

It’s the new normal, for now. Does your wife also bake cakes? A handy skill for dessert after dinner. ??
Not for work that's someone else's job, but she bakes them at home for birthday parties, other family functions and weddings. As of lately she is up to all hours of the morning sewing masks.

Not for work that's someone else's job, but she bakes them at home for birthday parties, other family functions and weddings. As of lately she is up to all hours of the morning sewing masks.
Blessings to her ! ??

Is there a correlation between feed rate and pellet consumption? If the pre-set rate is 6.5 and I reduce the rate to 3 will there be a 50% reduction in pellet consumption or are the two not that closely tied together?

Is there a correlation between feed rate and pellet consumption? If the pre-set rate is 6.5 and I reduce the rate to 3 will there be a 50% reduction in pellet consumption or are the two not that closely tied together?
Since the feed rate is only affects the low temperature extreme smoke cooks so I don't think there would be any savings in pellet usage.

I believe, the we're talking about the minimum feed rate setting? If so, this setting would not affect pellet usage in a meaningful way. I believe, minimum feed rate comes into play when you are at a steady temp or when you are coming down from a high to low temp. I think this setting has an interval timer and a duration timer for the auger. So, at a minimum, it will feed at a specified interval for a specified time to keep the fire from going out.

I believe, the we're talking about the minimum feed rate setting? If so, this setting would not affect pellet usage in a meaningful way. I believe, minimum feed rate comes into play when you are at a steady temp or when you are coming down from a high to low temp. I think this setting has an interval timer and a duration timer for the auger. So, at a minimum, it will feed at a specified interval for a specified time to keep the fire from going out.
Correct

Hello all, I’ve read through this thread since today my bull has suddenly started having trouble holding the desired temp. I reduced my min. Feed rate to 3.5 and it was holding at 10* over, so I brought it down to 3. My outside temp is 100* and the bull is in the shade. I’ve had temp spikes before from sun exposure but I’m leaning toward an app issue on this one

Hello all, I’ve read through this thread since today my bull has suddenly started having trouble holding the desired temp. I reduced my min. Feed rate to 3.5 and it was holding at 10* over, so I brought it down to 3. My outside temp is 100* and the bull is in the shade. I’ve had temp spikes before from sun exposure but I’m leaning toward an app issue on this one
The apps don't control what the grill is expiring they can only change what the grill can do. 100 degrees ambient temps are going to be a challenge for any grill at lower temps. I'm not sure what temps your trying to maintain. A call to Rec Tec is going to be your best resolution for this issue.

The apps don't control what the grill is expiring they can only change what the grill can do. 100 degrees ambient temps are going to be a challenge for any grill at lower temps. I'm not sure what temps your trying to maintain. A call to Rec Tec is going to be your best resolution for this issue.
maybe it was just a coincidence with the app update but after dropping my feed rate to 3 it’s staying at temp. I will definitely check with them though ?

This is good, the app can set the feed rate but doesn't control it.
Let us know what rec tec says. Id be surprised it is connected to the app update. Im set at 3 and going to smoke tonight. Its cooler out so the weather won't make it overheat. ??

Rec Tec suggests if overshooting at low temps, go to 3. I spoke with them yesterday. ??

Rec Tec suggests if overshooting at low temps, go to 3. I spoke with them yesterday. ??
Cool........thank's for sharing what RT said. It's always nice to hear what the MFG recommends, not that it's always correct or anything haha. But it's nice! :ROFLMAO:
It's a foil melter! ??
Iv'e succumbed to the foilless Dark Side! No foil melting for me!

Us GREENIES gotta stick together!

Cool........thank's for sharing what RT said. It's always nice to hear what the MFG recommends, not that it's always correct or anything haha. But it's nice! :ROFLMAO:

Iv'e succumbed to the foilless Dark Side! No foil melting for me!

Us GREENIES gotta stick together!
Let me know after your first cook. I want to know if it was hard to clean the drip tray. I would consider commando, depending on how your goes. Go greenies! ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back