Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

Best buy is closed crub side pick up only
Gotta run guys..Thanks

Well at 76 you certainly can type fast and work your PC and this forum. With ALOT more patience there is probably a easy fix for this. People have gone out of their way to help you. I still didn't understand the not moving it replies. Dan if nothing else just move it to see if it connects again. And if it does , well....there ya go. Atleast it's an answer and you can go from there.

My wife has been looking at new more powerful routers,very few work with Verizon.
Not sure about Verizon wifi but with the Xfinity I'm using the modem/gateway they supply, it has both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and it's up on my second floor. I then have a old Linksys router hardwired to the Xfinity modem/gateway through another hub to get a few more ports for other hardwired devices in the office with a cat 5 cable running down in the basement to the Linksys router that I run all my homes wifi devices off of, trust me there are plenty. You say you can't move the router because the cables are too short, doing a little rewiring and extending the cables may be the best and cheapest way out of your grills wifi issue especially since you don't want to move the grill. If anyone should have wifi connection issues it should be me with the mess of cabeling I have and multiple wifi signals. All my wifi bands have a unique names so I can tell what bands they are running.

Last edited:
The mesh is an extender on steriods. I went to Best Buy told them what service and router I had and they selected the best mesh for what system I had. I figured this was one thing I didn't want to go cheap on since I was gonna be working from home. My only regret was not doing it sooner since with kids and a bunch of devices, my Wi-Fi was terrible.

I don't have first-hand knowledge, but from what I've heard Verizon FiOS is not as flexible when it comes to modern and router options. Years ago I heard they issued a combination unit and going to your own router was a technical hassle. Don't know if that's still the case, but if so would get in the way of trying a mesh system.

If you're going to replace/upgrade your current router, might I suggest looking at - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ubiqui...sh-wi-fi-system-white/5736902.p?skuId=5736902

OR, have your current internet provider send a technician out and get you setup on a router / extender combo that they can setup and get operational for you.

Out here we have Cox Communication who provides both Cable TV and Internet services. They'll gladly rent modems that they support and are expandable for a larger wifi footprint. It would save the hassle of you having to program to get operational. I'm sure you have something similar in your area....

My 2 cents.

Good luck!
-David

I tried to get Verizon to hook me up with an newer router. I even threaten to leave Verizon.They wouldn't budge they gave 2 choices buy the router out right for $299 or rent for $15 month. I have my router for 3ys but it is really 18 yrs old, according to their tech.
Once Best Buy opens I will check them out.
I just might move the grill closer to the router to see what happens. This is what happen the 1st time I moved the grill.
My wife was looking at routers and came up with this one.Why I don't really know?
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/reviews/tp-link-archer-ac2300-dual-band-wi-fi-5-router-black/5844804
Thanks Guys Dan
PS The only problem I see that router is made by the same company as the extender I'm racking my brains over to set up :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    IMG_20200502_154810054_BURST001.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Well at 76 you certainly can type fast and work your PC and this forum. With ALOT more patience there is probably a easy fix for this. People have gone out of their way to help you. I still didn't understand the not moving it replies. Dan if nothing else just move it to see if it connects again. And if it does , well....there ya go. At least it's an answer and you can go from there.

At 76 I can still fly Remote Control planes also :) Today I will move the grill can't move it far,but will give it a try. I'll move it away from the brick wall. Just to see what happens.
Thanks Dan

Attachments

• DSC00636.JPG
    DSC00636.JPG
    771.3 KB · Views: 77
Dan also try to move your router as far as possible away from any other electrical device ie your computer. The higher in the room the better worse place is on the floor. I know you said you're routers cabeling is short but there still should be some other options there.

I don't have first-hand knowledge, but from what I've heard Verizon FiOS is not as flexible when it comes to modern and router options. Years ago I heard they issued a combination unit and going to your own router was a technical hassle. Don't know if that's still the case, but if so would get in the way of trying a mesh system.
This doesn't surprise me that Verizon wouldn't make things difficult.
Verizon has allways been a PITA with wireless too. I loved the coverage hated the huge monthly bills and crappy support. I dropped them about 3 years ago and went with Xfinity Mobile my monthly wireless phone bill for 2 phones is $12 and best of it all Xfinity Mobile uses Verizons cell towers so I lost no coverage.

Hi I can't move the router to far because it is attached to my computer.

Hey Guys Great news..I think I got the WiFi to work.Every day I kept live chating with the extender reps,and kept sending me to the video's.
IMG_20200518_071713108.jpg
IMG_20200518_071713108.jpg
Today another one wanted to send me to the video's so NYC attitude took over the key board, he then he was able to walk thru the set up..Just one stupid screen was the problem.
Here is the screen top box VQ26G is my WiFi all I had to do was change it, too whatever.
Now the red light on the grill is solid and I took my phone out with me today and the WiFi was still able to work.OK Here comes the stupid question, will I now be connected for life?
Hey guys many Thanks for help & replies
Dan :)

Here is the screen top box VQ26G is my WiFi all I had to do was change it, too whatever.

Sounds so familiar, like it was said several times before kinda like this: @mooncusser2k Quote:"That means you need to configure the extender by giving it the name and password for your WiFi (like you would for connecting your phone or a laptop)." End quote.
And multiple others....
Well, glad it's working. And that it wasn't a RecTec issue.

OK Here comes the stupid question, will I now be connected for life?
Dan has wifi! Dan has wifi!:giggle:
Dan, you shared your age with me when we were on the phone so I know you’re old enough to know that the only certainties in life are death and taxes. But with that being said, I think you’re safe.

(y) :)When I was outside by the grill ,the extender WiFi signal was very strong.I hope it stays that way ? Thanks for your help
Dan The WiFi Man!!
PS This one of better forums I go too.

Last edited:
Dan we are going to send all forum members with WIFI issues to you. You're now nominated the new Rec Tec Forum WIFI expert. ;)?
Hi I don't want to hear or read any thing about WiFI for at least 24 hrs :) ..I need a break..
The other day I google WiFi I read & read, when I was done reading I was even more confused..
Thanks Dan the non Wifi man.

Hi I don't want to hear or read any thing about WiFI for at least 24 hrs :) ..I need a break..
The other day I google WiFi I read & read, when I was done reading I was even more confused..
Thanks Dan the non Wifi man.
Dan you a funny a guy. LOL ?

Hi Try to be funny at times it doesn't hurt..Life is too short,better to be happy.
Today was good day, so I can be funny.
Thanks Dan

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back