Remote Start Regulation

jim sears

Obviously, this is a hot topic. We've all heard that it is a "regulation" that the remote start is to be disabled. But I have never found that regulation in print from any governing agency. Could somebody (Raymond Carnes, maybe) share a link to an OFFICIAL statement from a regulatory agency that says the remote startup of grills must be disabled?

Obviously, this is a hot topic. We've all heard that it is a "regulation" that the remote start is to be disabled. But I have never found that regulation in print from any governing agency. Could somebody (Raymond Carnes, maybe) share a link to an OFFICIAL statement from a regulatory agency that says the remote startup of grills must be disabled?
Email Mr. Carnes and let us know his response.

Email Mr. Carnes and let us know his response.
This is Ray saying it is.... And the second I have a hunch is what started it.

Screenshot_20240227-150505.png
FB_IMG_1709061148149.jpg

Yes in another post I stated this is what " I believed started all this"...
If I find more recent and detailed Ill post it. Fact is, Ray said it was regulated they didnt have a choice and didn't
This standard applies to LP devices. These girls are not gas grills.

want to do it.

The other piece of that ANSI reg is that the device doesn't have a thermostat. My 1250 has a thermostat that controls the auger and the fan.

This is complete bullshit. It figures anything that’s good and helps people get stuff done is immediately ruined by a bunch of elbow pad, bike helmet, idiots who all of a sudden have to play nanny state and wreck everything for everybody. That was one of the best features with this thing for multiple reasons. I have a camera on the grill and I checked to make sure the grill is clear before I turn it on. It ought to be my business whether or not I want to turn on my grill at my house. Pathetic!

I expect the point was that Ray, nor anyone else from recteq HQ, is going to post anything on this forum about anything in an official capacity.
Ray has been on FB commenting, but so far no public statement has been made.

This has lead to a lot of confusion which turns to anger. I even offered Ray a pretty good template on how to reach out to the customer base and he dismissed it and then followed up that they were planning to send out something tomorrow, but this entire thing was leaked.

According to him it is regulatory.

This has lead to a lot of confusion which turns to anger. I even offered Ray a pretty good template on how to reach out to the customer base and he dismissed it and then followed up that they were planning to send out something tomorrow, but this entire thing was leaked.

According to him it is regulatory.
Do you have his number handy ? Said he posted it in the FB groups but I havent found it....

https://milehighgrillandinn.com/the...wo-decades-of-delicious-grilling-experiences/

Founded 1998, so it's safe to say they have had their feet set for a bit.........they knew and know what they've been doing for a good while now and for sure make one of the better grills/smoker models out there. Going corporate or selling out however is a whole other can of worms and headaches, so there will always be some teething pains and challenges from that.

My point was that recteq doesn’t have a presence on this forum, official or otherwise, that I’m aware of. Someone posting here asking Ray or recteq to respond is pointless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back