Remote Start Regulation

"So what if accurate?"

just a statement that employees do read threads here and elsewhere often in an unofficial capacity.

"And you know that how?"

I know this because myself and others who have gotten nowhere with our issues only had folks reach out after making statements on here.

They are members of the various FB fan groups why wouldn't they also be forum members?

Last edited:
They are members of the various FB fan groups why wouldn't they also be forum members?
In the nearly 5 years I’ve been a member here, I don’t recall anyone else stating they have been contacted here by a recteq employee. Also, just because someone is a member of a FB group doesn’t mean they would by extension be a member here. Some of the members of this group don’t even have FB accounts.

This is not something to argue about. A lot of folks are speculating this or that re the turn off. I just posted to share what my interaction with Ray was yesterday.

A: Not a patent issue
B: Industry wide regulation issue
C: After some pushback-there will be a statement made today-this information was prematurely leaked.

I don't think it'd be horribly difficult to jumper in a smartplug and turn it on with a different app.
After the power button - the recteq app can do (or not do) its thing again.
View attachment 21342
The other thing you need is this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NQNLDTD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

1709214668069.png

Here is a video for the shelly switches... I dont know the current used from the start button on the grill-- but im thinking it would be a lower amperage then the switch showing above... Someone here would know though.. I was more showing that there are a few wifi switch options from shelly...

Here is a video for the shelly switches... I dont know the current used from the start button on the grill-- but im thinking it would be a lower amperage then the switch showing above... Someone here would know though.. I was more showing that there are a few wifi switch options from shelly...
The link I provided is the only Shelly switch that uses dry contacts. therefore, you can simply put it across the push button terminals without interfering with the circuit. Current is not the issue. It is that the other Shelly switches provide power to the circuit. The push button is just a trigger, it does not take the full current of the auger and fan. But, even if it did, the dry contacts are rated for it.

BTW -- that fingerbot is weird but somehow satisfying! My concern is that it is not weather proof, and using double sided tape to attach it is also questionable in the weather elements, etc. Oh, I bought one so I could play with it ... but I think the Shelly relay is a better option because you can tuck it inside the enclosure and weather is not a concern.

I agree... The button pushy thing-- is soooo button pushy... :).... But here in Bend Oregon (snow/cold) i have concerns for weather durability also ... My only concern with the shelly switch was connecting it and just not being familiar with the board setup... Vs button pushy and a bit of rubber covering-- even a pizza cooking Neanderthal like me can do that math..

With that said.. The best solution is something in the electronics area that is covered and secured (shelly switch).. Going to order one up right now..

The Communist's cant win.. aS I STAND HERE (AMERICAN FLAG BLOWING BEHIND ME-- HAIR CASUALLY BLOWING) I VOW --- I BRUCE-- WILL NOT be getting up to start my pizza cooker..EVER!!!! I WILL EXPEND all energy till my LAST breath to overcoming this injustice... Merica-- where i can start my pizza cooker from my computer chair while looking at boobs online... Freedom.. .. REGULATORS!!!!

This is complete bullshit. It figures anything that’s good and helps people get stuff done is immediately ruined by a bunch of elbow pad, bike helmet, idiots who all of a sudden have to play nanny state and wreck everything for everybody. That was one of the best features with this thing for multiple reasons. I have a camera on the grill and I checked to make sure the grill is clear before I turn it on. It ought to be my business whether or not I want to turn on my grill at my house. Pathetic!
Pointy-head bureaucrats can't keep their noses out of other peoples' business. Gotta justify their jobs somehow.

I am not going on a rant about government, insurance companies and all the others that cave to Stupid, all though it is taking everything in me not too. I will just say I use it next to my grill because, because, well reaching down to the control panel seems like work. Since I start with the lid up, the simple fact I can’t won’t kill me, I just think removing it due to Stupid and lack of accountability in this world is ludicrous. I will say in the words of Ron White aka Tater Salad, YOU CAN’T FIX STUPID. I now return you to the ongoing rant. 😬

What we’re seeing here is a microcosm of what’s happening in our society today. No one actually knows why the change was made, but lots of folks are full of conspiracy theories and contempt for government workers. Must be an epidemic of winter weather cabin fever! :rolleyes:

Hopefully, better weather is around the corner and folks will start cooking up something besides conspiracies. :unsure:

What we’re seeing here is a microcosm of what’s happening in our society today. No one actually knows why the change was made, but lots of folks are full of conspiracy theories and contempt for government workers. Must be an epidemic of winter weather cabin fever! :rolleyes:

Hopefully, better weather is around the corner and folks will start cooking up something besides conspiracies. :unsure:
Difference between conspiracy theory and truth is about 6 months. Name one that hasn’t been proven, well except flat earth- they’re still trying.

Yes, frogs, remote start, climate change all due to cabin fever. 😉

Difference between conspiracy theory and truth is about 6 months. Name one that hasn’t been proven, well except flat earth- they’re still trying.

Yes, frogs, remote start, climate change all due to cabin fever. 😉
Just because a conspiracy theory gets repeated ad infinitum doesn’t mean it becomes “truth!”

We’ll just have to agree to disagree!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back