Show us what you're cooking...

And they're on...

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_152405049.jpg
    IMG_20220325_152405049.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 98
Looking good. What are the specs on the cook? Time/temp etc…
I loosely followed the Malcom Reed recipe...

Smoked Chicken Lollipops Recipe

Ran at 300 for about 90 minutes in a foil pans with a stick of butter in each one and a smoke tube full of apple pellets. IT was about 180. Dunked them in warmed up sauce and did 350 for about 20 minutes to set the sauce.

I am not a big chicken fan, other than wings. This was the best chicken I've ever made.

Skin wasn't at all rubbery, meat was moist, smoky, and tender.

Prep is the only thing that sucks. Took me an hour to do 24 of them. I keep my knives hair splitting sharp. But I am convinced chicken tendons are the strongest, toughest material on earth. It's a PITA, but the results are worth it.

Been quiet lately, however I have been cooking!
For anyone that doubts the Mighty Bullseye!

First Cook a Tri-Tip from WFF
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Then today, cooked an Outside Skirt Steak from WFF for fajitas, I was nervous, however it was one of the best cuts of steak we have ever had, it was amazing. Wife loved it
4.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

Last edited:
Been quiet lately, however I have been cooking!
For anyone that doubts the Mighty Bullseye!

First Cook a Tri-Tip from WFF
View attachment 15488View attachment 15489View attachment 15490
Then today, cooked an Outside Skirt Steak from WFF for fajitas, I was nervous, however it was one of the best cuts of steak we have ever had, it was amazing. Wife loved it
View attachment 15491

View attachment 15494

Those Outside Skits are amazing!! Just had one Friday night.. no pics unfortunately. Did it on the Blackstone in a butter bath.

Those Outside Skits are amazing!! Just had one Friday night.. no pics unfortunately. Did it on the Blackstone in a butter bath.
I thought about using the Blackstone, but gave the Bullseye a shot. What recipe did you use for BS?
I used this and it was spot on.
They really are a great deal, so easy and sooooo good. Dont tell anyone!

I thought about using the Blackstone, but gave the Bullseye a shot. What recipe did you use for BS?
I used this and it was spot on.
They really are a great deal, so easy and sooooo good. Dont tell anyone!

I know right? I grabbed some back at the X-Mas deals.. still have 2 left and it's like gold sitting in my freezer LOL.

I just used some Uncle Chris seasoning sprinkled over and bathed in butter. Comes out just perfect for us. What a flavor. I love ribeyes but this is right up there.

Asian sticky ribs...
Very interested in learning your approach to this. I made a half-ass attempt some time ago. They weren't horrible, but did not live up to my expectations.

Very interested in learning your approach to this. I made a half-ass attempt some time ago. They weren't horrible, but did not live up to my expectations.
I do just about everything to taste and don't write down quantities, but this is the rough method;

Rub: salt, white pepper, black pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic, ginger, brown sugar and MSG. Used a little soy sauce as a binder.

Sauce - mix of hoisin, soy, brown sugar, sambal oelek, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, oyster sauce, grated onion...cook in a big measuring cup in the microwave for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.

I just used cherry pellets for this cook, but any fruitwood or oak would work. Only thing I would avoid is mesquite.

These were full spares...I like the rib tips and picking at the cartilage.

225 for 4-1/2 to 5 hours until there is good color and the bones are pulling back a bit. Bump the heat up to 275 and apply the first coat of sauce. Let it tack up for a 1/2 hour, apply another coat and some toasted sesame seeds. Let it go another 1/2 hour.

A lot of the Asian style ribs use Chinese Five Spice...I can't stand that stuff.

I do just about everything to taste and don't write down quantities, but this is the rough method;

Rub: salt, white pepper, black pepper, onion powder, granulated garlic, ginger, brown sugar and MSG. Used a little soy sauce as a binder.

Sauce - mix of hoisin, soy, brown sugar, sambal oelek, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, oyster sauce, grated onion...cook in a big measuring cup in the microwave for 8 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.

I just used cherry pellets for this cook, but any fruitwood or oak would work. Only thing I would avoid is mesquite.

These were full spares...I like the rib tips and picking at the cartilage.

225 for 4-1/2 to 5 hours until there is good color and the bones are pulling back a bit. Bump the heat up to 275 and apply the first coat of sauce. Let it tack up for a 1/2 hour, apply another coat and some toasted sesame seeds. Let it go another 1/2 hour.

A lot of the Asian style ribs use Chinese Five Spice...I can't stand that stuff.
Dude... I'm impressed. Are you like a real chef or something?

haven’t been on the forum much this week. been busy. thursday was my birthday and my wife asked me what i want to eat. i told her i was considering home made pizza or a tomahawk steak. i ultimately decided home made pizza because they are just so fun. thursday while i was at work i noticed i got a notification my grill was turned on and set to 300. i knew that ment i was getting a cheese cake lol. i don’t think she knows i get notifications like that and i didn’t tell her. she did great on the cake. then saturday wouldn’t you know it my wife had to run some errands and she came home with a tomahawk! 3.13lbs prime. i salted it with kosher salt around noon and added some msg. seasoned it around 4:30 and threw it on the grill at 200 with hickory pellets. smoked it until 6pm to an internal temp of 100. then set the grill to 500 and let it stay there for a few min before i put the steak back on the let the plates fully heat up. seared it until 130 and pulled off it was fantastic!
06CD8FDE-0D9F-4D5F-A8DA-86E1C7DB72F9.jpeg
C725E364-02B2-494E-8EF5-5CCC68C39048.jpeg
CCF6E2B7-24B7-4F56-B6F4-8FC5E748474C.jpeg
8E998BE4-90A6-45FA-8924-71FC644E305B.jpeg

haven’t been on the forum much this week. been busy. thursday was my birthday and my wife asked me what i want to eat. i told her i was considering home made pizza or a tomahawk steak. i ultimately decided home made pizza because they are just so fun. thursday while i was at work i noticed i got a notification my grill was turned on and set to 300. i knew that ment i was getting a cheese cake lol. i don’t think she knows i get notifications like that and i didn’t tell her. she did great on the cake. then saturday wouldn’t you know it my wife had to run some errands and she came home with a tomahawk! 3.13lbs prime. i salted it with kosher salt around noon and added some msg. seasoned it around 4:30 and threw it on the grill at 200 with hickory pellets. smoked it until 6pm to an internal temp of 100. then set the grill to 500 and let it stay there for a few min before i put the steak back on the let the plates fully heat up. seared it until 130 and pulled off it was fantastic!View attachment 15537View attachment 15538View attachment 15539View attachment 15540
Happy late Birthday. Steak looks great.

haven’t been on the forum much this week. been busy. thursday was my birthday and my wife asked me what i want to eat. i told her i was considering home made pizza or a tomahawk steak. i ultimately decided home made pizza because they are just so fun. thursday while i was at work i noticed i got a notification my grill was turned on and set to 300. i knew that ment i was getting a cheese cake lol. i don’t think she knows i get notifications like that and i didn’t tell her. she did great on the cake. then saturday wouldn’t you know it my wife had to run some errands and she came home with a tomahawk! 3.13lbs prime. i salted it with kosher salt around noon and added some msg. seasoned it around 4:30 and threw it on the grill at 200 with hickory pellets. smoked it until 6pm to an internal temp of 100. then set the grill to 500 and let it stay there for a few min before i put the steak back on the let the plates fully heat up. seared it until 130 and pulled off it was fantastic!View attachment 15537View attachment 15538View attachment 15539View attachment 15540
Belated happy birthday to you! You and your wife did an amazing job!

It’s such a beautiful day here in MO. Decided to throw a couple of racks of ribs on the 700!! I stumbled across a couple different varieties of Heath Riles’ ribs at the store the other day and they somehow mysteriously found their way into my shopping cart. I’m using the Homey Rub one 1 rack and Garlic Jalapeño on the other. I can already tell that it’s going to be a good day!!

Attachments

• BD92552F-A9D6-45F5-8F28-964FF7352A12.jpeg
    BD92552F-A9D6-45F5-8F28-964FF7352A12.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 79
  • BF39B27E-8CEA-43DF-BD2A-390AAC71865A.jpeg
    BF39B27E-8CEA-43DF-BD2A-390AAC71865A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Tried smoking chicken wings for about 30 minutes at 180 before deep frying them. This will be my "go to" method from here on out. Sorry, no "after" shots as the hungry mob did not allow me to do anything except sling food. I will say the kiss of smoke added a great color and improved taste of the wings.

Tonight will be prime rib...

IMG_0816.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back