Bull Whatcha cooking for the 4th of July?

I was just gifted the Bull and am new to the pellet game. I have pressure from my family to make a dish for the 4th. Any suggestions or foolproof recipes? I was thinking shotgun shells, but my husband thinks that's too heavy with the pasta. Thank you in advance for engaging with my post.

Gina
IMHO, the bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs recommended to season your Bull are easy and a crowd pleaser. My family asks for them constantly:

For some reason, my chicken thigh cooks have always left something to be desired. Specifically, I can’t get the skin to crisp up by the time the IT reaches 170-180F. What are you doing to get yours so good? Temp? Rub? Tricks? Chicken has never really been my forte, though I like it.

For some reason, my chicken thigh cooks have always left something to be desired. Specifically, I can’t get the skin to crisp up by the time the IT reaches 170-180F. What are you doing to get yours so good? Temp? Rub? Tricks? Chicken has never really been my forte, though I like it.
Baking powder in your rub. Jaqqard it, or however it's spelled. Don’t be afraid to let the it to go a little higher, plenty of fat to stay moist.

Baking powder in your rub. Jaqqard it, or however it's spelled. Don’t be afraid to let the it to go a little higher, plenty of fat to stay moist.
Are you talking about jaccard--piercing the skin and/or meat?

Yes it works, no I can’t spell it, baking powder is way easier. I haven’t done both at once. Wouldn’t it be great if it turned out like pork rinds on top of the thighs?
So, how much baking powder; a light dusting or Tablespoon mixed with 3-4 T of rub? I need to try that. Thanks for the tip, @SmokeOCD.

So, how much baking powder; a light dusting or Tablespoon mixed with 3-4 T of rub? I need to try that. Thanks for the tip, @SmokeOCD.
I'm not sure of the mixture @SmokeOCD prefers, but I use 1 tablespoon of baking powder with 3 tablespoons of rub on wings. Like a number of others on the forum, I finish smoked wings in my air fryer at 450 for up to 10 minutes. Haven't had the same success with thighs, but I have tried.

A little corn starch for me.
1688388441600.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back