Bull Winterizing my Bull

El Kabong NDN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Bought my Bull over the summer and have had many great cooks. But the weather is getting cold.

I just ordered the cold-weather cover, so I may end up moving the grill next to the kitchen door and muscling through the season. But in the event I decide to cut back until spring, what do I have to do to make sure my Bull handles the off season well? Do I have to vacuum out the pellets or can they stay where they are and pick up again?

I'm here in Northern Utah
Just had my Bull a few weeks, and we're seeing temps in the high teens, low twenties already
Bought and installed its Winter Coat this last weekend and plan to cook as often as we like
Actually, looking forward to it
Owned a Stick Burner up to now, a would sit out in the weather, all day, to Smoke for the Holidays

As for storing it:
Yeah, I would guess you'd want to empty the Hopper and seal the Pellets from the Elements
Cover and secure THAT to the Grill
But as I said, we just got ours too, and I haven't yet stabled our Bull for the winter !

My son has a Traeger, this spring he found the auger wouldn't turn when he went to use it. Used it last late fall and never emptied the pellets. Worked fine after spending the time to troubleshoot and clean out the auger. He's in southern MA., winters about the same as Oak Lawn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back