Blackstone griddle, normal?

nygiant

Had my griddle for a little over 2 years. Have a top and keep it covered too. Was out cleaning it up today and noticed the storage shelf underneath looked real dirty. After wiping it down I noticed the paper towel looked orange. The rust was on the storage shelf but the shelf wasn’t rusting. I look up underneath and the entire bottom of the cook top is rusted. I always keep it wiped with oil too. Is this normal?

I assume moisture in the air has caused this because it’s raw steel and their is no way to oil the bottom of it unless you take the whole thing off. That’s a major pain. Also some more rust on what appears to be a heat shield. Are these blackstones like everything else and meant to be throw aways after a few years? Or is this normal?

0B621409-6A98-40F2-A0FE-70138CD34346.jpeg

446CDF45-C4AA-4471-B2DC-BAC8875B75F0.jpeg

Are these blackstones like everything else and meant to be throw aways after a few years?
Anymore, my default opinion is that yes, almost everything you buy today (especially if it is made overseas) has a planned obsolescence timeline. Almost no one wants to pay for lifetime quality anymore, so the exceptions are few and far between. One exception is cast iron cookware, which is by nature almost indestructible, but beyond that…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back