Temperature Problem

I'm going to do it small increments at a time until it stays consistent. 20 -30 degree swing doesn't bother me too much. Seems to do that when sun goes in and out. Until it goes high and stays there, I won't adjust
If you can try putting the grill into a shadey spot and your temperature fluctuations may go away

I'm going to do it small increments at a time until it stays consistent. 20 -30 degree swing doesn't bother me too much. Seems to do that when sun goes in and out. Until it goes high and stays there, I won't adjust
I'm not concerned with 20 - 30deg F femp. deviations in the scheme of things it's pretty negligible in my personal opinion. I'll be honest with you I'm hesitant to adjust the auger feed rate from it's factory setting. I read here that a lot of folks do with great success, more than likely I'd forget to change it back and then have all the situations associated with that. If it becomes an ongoing problem I'll address it at that time. Basically, if it's not TO broke, I'm not going to fix it.

I'm not concerned with 20 - 30deg F femp. deviations in the scheme of things it's pretty negligible in my personal opinion. I'll be honest with you I'm hesitant to adjust the auger feed rate from it's factory setting. I read here that a lot of folks do with great success, more than likely I'd forget to change it back and then have all the situations associated with that. If it becomes an ongoing problem I'll address it at that time. Basically, if it's not TO broke, I'm not going to fix it.
I agree about the temp except I dent know where is was going to stop increasing. It did level off at 260. I spoke with RecTec yesterday, after my cook was done. They called me back. He said to adjust the feed rate to 3 and there are no downsides. Only effects low end temp, keeping them low. Doesn't think I need to change it back to 6.5 just keep it there. May be doing salmon tonight, I'll start at 180, see what happens. Supposed to be hot here again today. Going sporting clay shooting this morning, salmon tonight. ?? Go greenies.

I agree about the temp except I dent know where is was going to stop increasing. It did level off at 260. I spoke with RecTec yesterday, after my cook was done. They called me back. He said to adjust the feed rate to 3 and there are no downsides. Only effects low end temp, keeping them low. Doesn't think I need to change it back to 6.5 just keep it there. May be doing salmon tonight, I'll start at 180, see what happens. Supposed to be hot here again today. Going sporting clay shooting this morning, salmon tonight. ?? Go greenies.
I leave my Bulls feed rate set to 3 year round. It holds 180 degrees hot, cold, windy days and in some direct sun but only in the mornings. I have no problems with flame outs and the grill still gets up to 600 degrees.

I leave my Bulls feed rate set to 3 year round. It holds 180 degrees hot, cold, windy days and in some direct sun but only in the mornings. I have no problems with flame outs and the grill still gets up to 600 degrees.
That's where i am heading. I'll leave it at 3. How long til your grill gets to 600 degrees? ??

Just a thought... Did you update the app on your phone? I never had a problem with temp swings until this Sunday after I updated the app, was cooking a London Broil at 250 and had big swings in temp.
Just thinking out loud...
George
I checked. I think I have the current version for the iphone. Hmmmm ??

Hi All Can the feed rate be adjusted from the App.?
Thanks Dan
PS NeeBee here but headed to the top of class;)

Hi All Can the feed rate be adjusted from the App.?
Thanks Dan
PS NeeBee here but headed to the top of class;)
Yes, open the app, go to the little gear, upper right corner, minimum feed rate listed, click and lower rate, if needed. I'm down to 3. I'll know how it works tonight. ??

Not really just a few spikes that I couldn't understand why.
But my grill is always in direct sun.so if it does over heat, when the outdoor temps pick up. I will know what o do.
Thanks Dan

Not really just a few spikes that I couldn't understand why.
But my grill is always in direct sun.so if it does over heat, when the outdoor temps pick up. I will know what o do.
Thanks Dan
Cool, Knowledge is Power ??

That's where i am heading. I'll leave it at 3. How long til your grill gets to 600 degrees? ??
It was a pretty warm day in the 80s and the grill took 35 to 40 minutes to get there if I remember correctly. I'll probably never use it at this temperature espically since Im thinking about possably getting a new Bullseye.
20190713_180534.jpg

It was a pretty warm day in the 80s and the grill took 35 to 40 minutes to get there if I remember correctly. I'll probably never use it at this temperature espically since Im thinking about possably getting a new Bullseye.View attachment 4278
Damn, thats hot. Not sure if i'm impatient or my grill doesn't get that hot. Going to crank it uo today, just sit to see how hot it gets. Hope it doesn't melt my foil! ??

Damn, thats hot. Not sure if i'm impatient or my grill doesn't get that hot. Going to crank it uo today, just sit to see how hot it gets. Hope it doesn't melt my foil! ??
That temperature was reached with Pit Boss Competition Blend pellet from Lowes.

That temperature was reached with Pit Boss Competition Blend pellet from Lowes.
Our Lowe’s has a 2 hr wait to get in, a few at time. I’m not a line waiting guy. I’ll try it with my lumberjacks and see how it goes. ??

Amen! Even that is taking longer but bless the service workers. ??
My wife is a cake decorator at the local Stop & Shop, the daughter is a 911 dispatcher in the next town/city over from us. Luckily both of them are kinda behind the scenes as far as the day to day coming in contact with people.
I agree shipping is taking a little longer but we are pretty stocked up and don't wait till the last minute to order something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back