Stampede The "Heavy D" Stick Burning Heat Diffuser

@Mark Ryan the warping is on the stock RecTec deflectors... Shouldn't have to spend another 100+$. And I use a Smoke tube for extra smoke...lol

... I also have a smoke tube.... one that i dont use now because its not even a comparison. In terms of intense smoking the tubes are a 3 and the ""D"" is a 7

Im not trying to come off like I sell these things, I just have had such good luck that I want them to catch on in this community.

They send these big solid chunks of oak that fill the chambers complete, I decided that when I use those I only use one side, I have these crab apple logs that I use on both sides at a time and it works perfect like that, also, btw, using the big chunks on both sides may work brilliantly, I just havent tried that. If you decide to pull the trigger, it makes pellet grilling a bit more rewarding when you get these kind of results...

View attachment 2175

Attachments

• Attach4980_20200222_200628.jpg
    Attach4980_20200222_200628.jpg
    421.9 KB · Views: 81
On the smoke daddy inc website the Heavy D is on sale through Feb 29 for $89.99. I ordered one today. I have had no issues with my 680 diffuser warping in 6 years but this seems like a cool idea if it works to use once in awhile for extra smoke. I will not use it as a permanent replacement for my stock diffuser. For 90 bucks its worth a try for me.

On the smoke daddy inc website the Heavy D is on sale through Feb 29 for $89.99. I ordered one today. I have had no issues with my 680 diffuser warping in 6 years but this seems like a cool idea if it works to use once in awhile for extra smoke. I will not use it as a permanent replacement for my stock diffuser. For 90 bucks its worth a try for me.
Could you put the Smoke Daddy site link up please? The other one is for the Amazon site where it is the usual price. Thanks

Will you let us know how that goes with CS? I called on this in the past and they said it is “normal” and should not affect cooking. My assumption is that if they send a new one the same thing is going to happen to it.
@Simarti28 following up on your request.
They received my email and are sending one out in the morning. I'd like to say quick if you haven't read any of my old posts about this, I'm fairly close to having my Bull for a year now (maybe 10months in)?...but when someone first brought up this topic, I didn't realise mine had warped until I read their post and measured mine. Even though it did warp, I didn't ask for a replacement. It wasn't affecting my cooks. I did however make a report of it just so it was on file. Which may not even be needed with the Bulls incredible 6year warranty*...Just made myself feel better by doing it. Later last year, someone made another post about how their drip pan was warping also. But, as it turned out the warped deflector (with help from heat expansion) was pushing way up on the drip pan. Jump ahead to now, and that problem is starting on mine. This is the only reason that I've finally asked for replacement because "it IS affecting the cook" juice pooling and burning on pan and deflector warp/twist worsened not draining etc...and I don't want that warp to extend to the drip pan either.
So why am I saying all this?...Because RecTec is a quality product run by quality people. Something's may be out of their control for multiple reasons (deflector apps) that I won't go into. And even though it does have a outstanding warranty and customer service, and "right is right", along with a expectation of quality with its cost*.....I just wanted to be clear that I love the product and company, and would hate to see any take advantage of them. I'm not saying you or anyone in the forum has done that, I'm saying I'd hate to see people start asking for new deflectors Everytime it flexes 1/64"....lol.... We all know those people exist. Anyways just my opinion everyone has one. Hope I made sense.

Could you put the Smoke Daddy site link up please? The other one is for the Amazon site where it is the usual price. Thanks
Man that’s gonna be really tempting. My deflector is warping. I can hear it pop when the heat goes up and down.

Does a warped heat deflector hurt the grill’s cooking capabilities?

For those with the heavy D do you have to use logs or can you just use smaller sticks and wood chunks?

Man that’s gonna be really tempting. My deflector is warping. I can hear it pop when the heat goes up and down.

Does a warped heat deflector hurt the grill’s cooking capabilities?

For those with the heavy D do you have to use logs or can you just use smaller sticks and wood chunks?
logs, sticks, chunks, shreds... there are caps that slide over openings so you could even put pellets in it if you wanted to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back